A key to success in the health professions is getting involved in your community. At Colorado State University there are many organizations and groups geared to a wide variety of interests. Becoming involved outside the classroom will help you to meet new people, get better grades, stay in school, and be more competitive on graduate school applications.
The Center for Advising and Student Achievement sponsors seven clubs for Pre-Health and Pre-Vet students:
These student organizations meet regularly during the academic year. Health Profession Clubs:
- Sponsor informational speakers by bringing in representatives from health professional programs in the US and abroad
- Provide an opportunity to meet other students with similar interests in the health professions
- May offer shadowing experiences in the field and provide leadership opportunities
- Are actively involved in campus and community service activities.
How do I join a club?
- Membership is open to all CSU students. Anyone is welcome to attend club meetings; dues-paying members will have access to privileges such as shadowing, site visits, and events.
- To learn about club happenings, subscribe to the Health Professions Happenings mailing list or visit each club's website (linked above).
- To receive timely and important club information via email and to be notified about club meetings, events, volunteer and job opportunities, contact the specific club(s) which interest you.